Friday, August 21, 2009


Oh my, it has been a while since I have added anything to our blog. We have had alot going on recently. Matt started vocational rehab two weeks ago. He has returned to his high school but will be receiving his rehab there with a wonderful counselor. He has been working on his art and music, along with work skills by helping work in the consession stand at scheduled breaks. He is really glad to have something to do instead of staying home with me everyday.
Matt has been meeting with our pastor over the last month after expressing interest in being baptised. That has gone well and he and our pastor have become "pals". They have had talks regarding how much Matt understands about his faith and the purpose/significance of bapitsim. After several meetings and some practice Matt was baptised last sunday. I was soooo proud.
My baby grown up so quickly. His autism may have made life somewhat different for him and myself but it has not prevented him from becoming a wonderful yourng man with an enormous amount of things to continue to teach me and others.
I encourage all parents of autisitc children to find their child's skill or talent and encourage, promote, and aid them with whatever it may be. I truely believe that is one of the best therapies for them. The Lord will show us much through the eyes of our special children.

Probverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord eith all your heart and lean not on your own understanding..."

No comments:

Post a Comment