Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hello All,
What a day. Matt and I have been cutting the lawn. He is such an enormous help to me. His vocational rehab is going well at this point. He has been working the concession stand at the local high school each day. He does require help with making change and has supervision but non the less he is participating and enjoying it to the fullest. I myself have been posting blog sites and web sites, along with news for families to read and further research on twitter for the last several weeks. I am really enjoying reading the articles and posting them; hoping that they may somehow help others with autistic children and young adults as well as parents.
Matt has been such an inspiration for this endeavor we have started together. He and I want others to know that autistic children can overcome (not cure) their disabilities by using the talents that each have to help others and to inspire.
We hope that our page will show how we celebrate Matt's abilities and not focus on his disabilities and through this encourage others to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment